Salty Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies
These delightfully gluten free cookies are what happens when fun size Snickers bars are on sale at CVS and I buy bags on bags of them. They're essentially peanut butter cookies on steroids. I used almond flour to add to the overall nuttiness of the cookie which makes them gluten free as an added bonus. And I finished them with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt which is what makes them SO addicted. Be warned :)
Total time: 40 minutes
Makes: 2 - 3 dozen cookies depending on what size you make them
Difficulty level: Easy
2.5 cups almond flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1/2 cup peanut butter (I like to use chunky so there are extra peanuts in the cookies)
12 fun size Snickers bars, chopped (about 2 cups Snickers pieces)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon sea salt (plus more for finishing the cookies with)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Let's do it!
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer or with an electric hand mixer, mix the butter, peanut butter and both sugars on high for 3 - 5 minutes to cream it together until it becomes light and fluffy
- Add the almond flour, eggs, vanilla, salt and baking soda to the mixture and mix on low until combined.
- Gently fold in the snickers bar pieces with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Drop cookie dough into approximately 1 tablespoon sized balls onto the cookie sheet. Sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of flaky sea salt to finish
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until they're golden brown around the edges. Allow to cool about 5 minutes before removing from sheet.